Friday, September 28, 2012

Gratitude

I know this is a photography blog, but I want to take a minute to be a bit mushy if I may.

The other day I was feeling pretty down about my photography and the success of my site. My Facebook page had stagnated at around 40 followers for a while - occasionally a new follower would trickle in - but I wasn't seeing much growth. When a friend posted about passing 660 followers on her page, I made a tongue-in-cheek comment about being happy if I ever broke 50. Being the wonderful kind soul that she is, *Autumn shared my page and before I knew it, I'd broken the big 5-0 barrier. And the numbers just kept climbing. In just two days' time, I'm up to 70 followers.

I truly appreciate each of you who has taken the time to like my page, browse my site,  and/or read this blog. At the end of the day, the part of photography that makes me happy is sharing and connecting with other people. If an image brings back a memory or takes you somewhere you've never been, if it stirs an emotion or sparks curiosity, I've done what I set out to do. And it's made me incredibly happy to see both friends and strangers enjoying and interacting with my photos. 

Of course, I had to do something to show my gratitude, so between now and October 4, go to my site, choose one photo that you'd like to have hanging on your wall and leave a comment on that photo. You'll be entered into a random drawing to win an 8x10 print of the image you chose. One entry per person, please. And don't forget, there are still a few days get 25% off any photo from my California gallery! I cannot say thank you all enough for your support and encouragement. You guys are the reason I keep going!

*If you haven't already, please check out Autumn's amazing photography and follow her on Facebook. Her work is incredible, and she hosts some wonderful giveaways and raffles (hint, hint: there's a raffle coming up soon!).

2 comments:

  1. You are so very welcome, sweet friend. I have been exactly where you are right now and the growth is painfully slow but it will get there. Just keep putting yourself out there, sharing your work and your passion and it will happen. It just takes time. Stick with your passion and let the rest of it fall into place. *big hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new followers! You deserve them (: Sometimes, people just need to know you're there--you certainly have the talent.

    ReplyDelete