Saturday, December 15, 2012

It's Christmastime in the City

Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. There's something magical about this time of year - the trees, the lights, the decorations, the traditions - and it all seems that much more magical in New York City. As much as I love the season, I tend to avoid the traditional holiday draws - Macy's, Saks, the tree at Rockefeller Center - because the crowds are just so overwhelming. This year, though, my husband is working up in midtown and I've met him at his office a few times over the past week, using it as an excuse to force myself out to take in the holiday sights. I have to admit that other than a bit more jostling than I'd like, it has been really fun to get out and photograph new subjects. I often take for granted that I live and work so close to sights that people travel thousands of miles to see (I almost apologized to my 365 project followers the other day for "yet another" Times Square shot). So without further ado, here are some favorites from my recent wanderings.

Lit Up - 6th Avenue

Ornaments - 6th Avenue

Radio City Swarm

Radio City Music Hall

Rockefeller Center

Angelic - Rockefeller Center

The Tree - Rockefeller Center

Breezy - Rockefeller Center

Holiday Market, Union Square

Believe - Macy*s

Window Shopping - Macy*s


No comments:

Post a Comment