Sunday, August 12, 2012

Something missing

I know I haven't written anything in a while... I've started several posts, but by the time I'm done writing, I feel more like they belong in the garbage than out in the great World Wide Web. I've felt a bit like that about my photography lately too. I was starting to feel like I was stagnating - taking the same shots of the same subjects over and over. Because I was. All summer long, despite having done some really cool things and visited some amazing places, I've felt like something's been missing. And today I realized that something was time spent on or at the water. I grew up on Cape Cod, and the ocean runs strong in my veins. Today I spent some time at the waterfront in Greenwich, CT and it breathed life back into me and my photography. It's amazing how sometimes all it takes is finding the right subject.




1 comment:

  1. Keep taking those photos, Melissa! They are always gorgeous(and I think we all feel that way about blog posts, lol).

    ReplyDelete